Samuel L. Blaney, President and Managing Director
Louise Blaney, Treasurer
- Samuel L. Blaney is the company's Founder, President and Managing Director. His extensive background in foreign exchange dates back to 1973, and he continues to specialize in exotic currency markets, throughout the world. Mr. Blaney has held Senior Officer, and Senior Treasury Management positions, with several large, U.S. based, International airlines, throughout his career, with specialized expertise in foreign exchange, fixed income portfolio management and trading, and cash management.
Mr. Blaney actively directs the company's trading and research, and provides the company's strategic direction, as it continues to expand its global coverage and services, for institutional clients.
Mr. Blaney graduated from Michigan State University (BBA) in East Lansing, Michigan in 1973 and completed his graduate degree in 1979 at Barry University (MBA) in Miami Shores, Florida.
Joshua Blaney, Senior Vice President - Compliance Officer & Business Development
- Ms. Louise Blaney is the company’s Treasurer and is the company's chief administrative officer. Prior to forming EML, Ms. Blaney was employed by Continental Airlines,
Inc. Ms. Blaney is a U.S. Citizen.
David Bertinato, Vice President Finance and Administration
- Joshua is the company's compliance officer and was previously the company's Vice President - Finance and Administration. He is responsible for the company's comprehensive compliance program, as well as business development. His further responsibilities include spot foreign exchange trading across the company's electronic trading platforms.
Mr. Blaney graduated from Manhattan College with a degree (BA) in Finance in 2016.
Mohamed R. Chalabi, Director of International Banking
- Mr. David Bertinato, has been trading exotic currencies since 1990 and specializes in the African markets. Prior to joining
EML, Mr. Bertinato was Treasurer and Director of a New York City-based currency trading and financial services company.
He was also responsible for establishing a money transfer business that served the African Diaspora in North America and
Europe. In the 1980's, Mr. Bertinato worked for an international leisure cruise line where he held the position of Senior
Accountant. Mr. Bertinato graduated Magna Cum Laude from Saint Peter’s College with a B.S.c In Accountancy. Mr.
Bertinato was previously EML's Compliance Officer. Mr. Bertinato is a U.S. Citizen.
- Mr. Chalabi began his career in 1981 as an international banking officer at Bankers Trust Company (now Deutsche Bank),
New York, with a focus on international trade finance, and loan syndication. He subsequently specialized
in currency swaps, debt-to-currency conversion, and fixed income structured investments in emerging markets. From 2001 to 2006, Mr. Chalabi served as the CEO of Quisqueyana, a
New York-based global money transmittal corporation licensed in 20 U.S. states, Canada, and Spain with payment capability in 50 countries in Latin America, the Caribbean, and
Asia. In 2007, he joined Structured Asset Management Group, LLC a New York based asset management joint
venture with EFG International, Zurich (Ticker Symbol EFGN) where he served as CFO. His responsibilities included Financial Reporting, Internal
Controls, and Risk Management Oversight. Mr. Chalabi obtained his M.Sc. In Civil Engineering.