Samuel L. Blaney, President and Managing Director
Louise Blaney, Treasurer
- Samuel L. Blaney is the company's Founder, President and Managing Director. His extensive background in foreign exchange dates back to 1973, and he continues to specialize in exotic currency markets, throughout the world. Mr. Blaney has held Senior Officer, and Senior Treasury Management positions, with several large, U.S. based, International airlines, throughout his career, with specialized expertise in foreign exchange, fixed income portfolio management and trading, and cash management.
Mr. Blaney actively directs the company's trading and research, and provides the company's strategic direction, as it continues to expand its global coverage and services, for institutional clients.
Mr. Blaney graduated from Michigan State University (BBA) in East Lansing, Michigan in 1973 and completed his graduate degree in 1979 at Barry University (MBA) in Miami Shores, Florida.
Joshua Blaney, Senior Vice President - Compliance Officer & Business Development
- Ms. Louise Blaney is the company’s Treasurer and is the company's chief administrative officer. Prior to forming EML, Ms. Blaney was employed by Continental Airlines,
Inc. Ms. Blaney is a U.S. Citizen.
David Bertinato, Vice President Finance and Administration
- Joshua is the company's compliance officer and was previously the company's Vice President - Finance and Administration. He is responsible for the company's comprehensive compliance program, as well as business development. His further responsibilities include spot foreign exchange trading across the company's electronic trading platforms.
Mr. Blaney graduated from Manhattan College with a degree (BA) in Finance in 2016.
Mohamed R. Chalabi, Director of International Banking
- Mr. David Bertinato, has been trading exotic currencies since 1990 and specializes in the African markets. Prior to joining
EML, Mr. Bertinato was Treasurer and Director of a New York City-based currency trading and financial services company.
He was also responsible for establishing a money transfer business that served the African Diaspora in North America and
Europe. In the 1980's, Mr. Bertinato worked for an international leisure cruise line where he held the position of Senior
Accountant. Mr. Bertinato graduated Magna Cum Laude from Saint Peter’s College with a B.S.c In Accountancy. Mr.
Bertinato was previously EML's Compliance Officer. Mr. Bertinato is a U.S. Citizen.
John J. Gresia Compliance Specialist
- Mr. Chalabi began his career in 1981 as an international banking officer at Bankers Trust Company (now Deutsche Bank),
New York, with a focus on international trade finance, and loan syndication. He subsequently specialized
in currency swaps, debt-to-currency conversion, and fixed income structured investments in emerging markets. From 2001 to 2006, Mr. Chalabi served as the CEO of Quisqueyana, a
New York-based global money transmittal corporation licensed in 20 U.S. states, Canada, and Spain with payment capability in 50 countries in Latin America, the Caribbean, and
Asia. In 2007, he joined Structured Asset Management Group, LLC a New York based asset management joint
venture with EFG International, Zurich (Ticker Symbol EFGN) where he served as CFO. His responsibilities included Financial Reporting, Internal
Controls, and Risk Management Oversight. Mr. Chalabi obtained his M.Sc. In Civil Engineering.
Basil Theodore Chalabi
- John J. Gresia began his career with Guardian Life Insurance company of America. Since joining EML, Mr. Gresia assumed the position of Compliance Specialist. In
this role he reports directly to the compliance officer and is responsible for numerous compliance tasks including daily OFAC / Global Watch List
screening, transaction monitoring and database integrity. In addition, he is also responsible for responding to AML/KYC documentation
requests originating from EML’s trading partners. Mr. Gresia’s role has evolved to include business development and foreign exchange execution
through various trading and settlement platforms such as Reuters/FXT, Bloomberg, and 360 T, and Finastra.
Mr. Gresia graduated from Manhattan College with a B.S.c in Finance.
- Basil Theodore Chalabi comes from a trading background in the digital marketing industry. Before joining the team at Emerging Markets Ltd.,
Basil worked as a Programmatic Trader at Adyoulike, an Openweb company, one of the world’s premier inventory exchange platforms. Basil now works
at Emerging Markets as a Compliance Specialist where he performs diligent and precise examination of Know-Your-Customer and Anti-Money Laundering documentation,
ensuring the currency providers Emerging Markets onboards abide by the standards the company and the regulatory environment require of them. Basil also facilitates
FX trading at EML by contacting providers, sourcing daily currency rates, and researching FX market trends to better inform the company’s pricing strategy.
Basil further assists the EML team through his command of contemporary foreign exchange trading and settlement platforms such as Reuters/FXT,
Bloomberg, FXall, 360T, and Finastra. Basil graduated from Occidental College with a B.A. in Comparative Literature and a minor in Economics.